The Regional Employment Trials is a program developed to assist the region in approaches to delivering employment related projects to overcome local employment challenges. The grant is part of an $18.4 million investment which will help fund local organisations to design unique solutions to local employment barriers and opportunities.
Specialised programs will be delivered by local organisations and assisted by a new Regional Employment Facilitator and Regional Development Australia Wide Bay Burnett (RDA WBB) committees. These tailored projects will help job seekers prepare for and find work.
Local stakeholders in the Wide Bay Burnett region are invited to develop project proposals that address local employment needs, taking into account regional variation and ensuring that local economic opportunities are promoted to employment services providers and leveraged by job seekers. Examples of projects that could be funded are:
- Using experienced or retired residents and local business leaders in a mentoring program.
- Preparing job seekers for an upcoming infrastructure project that requires specific skills.
- Work experience programs that provide local employment opportunities.
- Work to address skills mismatch by partnering with employers and local industry.
- Hosting of employment related events, such as forums, workshops and conferences.